22 July 2019

Lucky escape for family after clothes dryer catches fire overnight

| Lachlan Roberts
Join the conversation

Photos: Murrumbateman Rural Fire Brigade.

A Murrambateman family have had a lucky escape after their clothes dryer caught fire overnight.

The Murrumbateman Rural Fire Brigade have shared pictures on social media of flames inside a clothes dryer, stating that it was a terrifying event for a local family on Sunday night (21 July).

Firefighters said the laundry fire was a reminder to check lint filters and never leave your dryer on overnight.

Original Article published by Lachlan Roberts on The RiotACT.

Join the conversation

All Comments
  • All Comments
  • Website Comments

I am so glad this family did not perish or lose loved ones. Fires are scary as hell.

Clean your lint filter after every load.
If new towels, check during first dry and see if it needs two clean outs.
Never leave your dryer going when you leave the house.
Don’t put electric fires out with water unless you have first unplugged the appliance.
Never leave your dryer going when you go to bed.
A small fire extinguisher – Bunnings and the like have them – should be handy to both your kitchen and laundry.

Sleep well, be safe.

Daily Digest

Do you like to know what’s happening around your region? Every day the About Regional team packages up our most popular stories and sends them straight to your inbox for free. Sign-up now for trusted local news that will never be behind a paywall.

By submitting your email address you are agreeing to Region Group's terms and conditions and privacy policy.