Currently living in Wollongong, Aly Khalifa is an innovator of global stature focused on social impact and sustainability.
Aly is driven by harvesting plastic waste from our oceans and turning it into useful products as part of a circular economy.
His training as both a designer and mechanical engineer, coupled with deep international manufacturing experience, has enabled him and his team to launch products for some of the most recognised consumer brands.
His work has been celebrated internationally, he’s an Eisenhower Fellow who has garnered more than two dozen patents.
Aly is also working closely with the Bega Valley Innovation Hub.
Click play to join the conversation…
Sound recording by Gerry Corcoran at the Bega Valley Commemorative Civic Centre. ‘People with Oomph’ written and performed by Damon Davies.
- Southern Phone
- Julie Rutherford Real Estate
- Bega Valley Commemorative Civic Centre
- Bega Valley Library Service
- Bega Valley Regional Gallery
- Tathra Beachhouse Apartments
- Bega Valley Innovation Hub
- Sapphire Coast Regional Science Hub
- North of Eden Gin
- Verona Road Olives
- Tilba Real Dairy
- Port Authority of NSW
- Regional Express Airlines
- Bega Valley Waste & Recycling
- Bega Booked Transport and Merimbula Eden Taxi Service