Six people have been charged over their alleged involvement in supplying illegal drugs across Sydney and the Monaro region.
A joint investigation between two police strike forces executed warrants in the Sutherland Shire and Queanbeyan yesterday (Thursday, 24 November).
Four men – aged 23, 26, 27 and 29 – were arrested by the Tactical Operations Unit at a residence on Castenau Street, Caringbah South, at about 11 am, where 5000 MDMA pills, about 280 grams of cocaine and $185,000 in cash were allegedly seized.
Further search warrants in Caringbah South and Loftus were executed, with a 32-year-old man and 26-year-old woman arrested.
Meanwhile ACT Policing executed search warrants in Watson, Canberra, while Southern Region Enforcement Squad officers searched a home in Queanbeyan.
During these searches, police allege officers seized cocaine, MDMA pills and powder, $292,000 in cash, drug manufacturing equipment, cannabis, electronic storage devices, and mobile phones to undergo forensic examination.
As a result of these warrants:
- A 26-year-old Watson man was charged with 12 counts of supply prohibited drug, supply prohibited drugs on an ongoing basis, knowingly deal with proceeds of crime and participate criminal group contribute criminal activity.
- A 23-year-old Watson man was charged with nine counts of supply prohibited drug, and participate criminal group contribute criminal activity.
- A 29-year-old Crace man was charged with three counts of supply prohibited drug, take part supply prohibited drug, deal with property proceeds of crime, and participate criminal group contribute criminal activity.
- A 32-year-old Caringbah South man was charged with 10 counts of supply prohibited drug, three counts of take part supply prohibited drug, knowingly direct activities of criminal group, and deal with proceeds of crime.
- A 26-year-old Caringbah South woman was charged with six counts of supply prohibited drug, six counts of take part supply prohibited drug, participate criminal group contribute criminal activity, and deal with proceeds of crime.
- A 27-year-old Randwick man was charged with supply prohibited drug, take part supply prohibited drug, and deal with property proceeds of crime.
They have all been refused bail to appear at Sutherland Local Court today (Friday 25 November 2022).
Police will allege in court that the group were involved in large commercial-scale supply of prohibited drugs.
Investigations under Strike Force Watson are continuing.
Throughout the joint investigation, strike force officers have now seized 4000 MDMA pills and 1.1 kg of cocaine.
The total estimated potential street value of the MDMA and cocaine seized throughout the investigation is more than $750,000.
Anyone with information relating to the supply of prohibited drugs in their community is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Original Article published by Claire Fenwicke on Riotact.