22 April 2024

Queanbeyan firefighters cut puppy free from metal chair

| James Coleman
Start the conversation

Husky puppy Ace accidentally turned a metal chair into a cone of shame over the weekend. Photo: Fire and Rescue NSW.

Queanbeyan firefighters were faced with an unusual challenge over the weekend when a playful Husky puppy got its head stuck in a chair.

The emergency unfolded at a home in Crawford Street, just before 8:30 on Saturday night, when 14-week-old ‘Ace’ became entangled in the spokes of a round metal-framed chair.

Freedom! Photo: Fire and Rescue NSW.

The Fire and Rescue NSW (FRNSW) crew had to use hydraulic tools to carefully cut Ace’s head free.

The puppy was apparently keen to sniff out the rescue equipment afterwards, with FRNSW saying in a statement “all the time hoping he hadn’t been too much of a ‘pain in the neck’.”

Original Article published by James Coleman on Riotact.

Start the conversation

Daily Digest

Do you like to know what’s happening around your region? Every day the About Regional team packages up our most popular stories and sends them straight to your inbox for free. Sign-up now for trusted local news that will never be behind a paywall.

By submitting your email address you are agreeing to Region Group's terms and conditions and privacy policy.