How do you encourage a community of people to get vaccinated for COVID-19? Bring the jab to the pub.
Organised by Binalong locals Tamika Paterson, Kim Dawe and Nicole Hill, Hotel Binalong held its second Pfizer vaccination clinic on Wednesday, 6 October.
Around 60 people received their COVID-19 vaccination at the pub clinic. They were able to sit in the sun on a lovely spring day and enjoy a beverage of their choosing as Boorowa Medical Centre’s Dr Nang Win administered their jabs.
Ms Paterson said it was a desire to protect the community, as well as the lack of available appointments and pop-up clinics in the Yass Valley, which prompted the trio to “rally the troops to get jabbed”.
Like many stories you’ll hear about Binalong, the community rallied to help out one another. And doing it at their local watering hole is a revolutionary way to get people vaccinated.
Other COVID-19 vaccination hubs in the Yass Valley are:
- My Medical Practice, Yass (Pfizer and AstraZeneca)
- Atherfield Medical Service, Yass (Pfizer and AstraZeneca)
- Yass Medical Centre (AstraZeneca)
- Murrumbateman Health Hub (Pfizer and AstraZeneca)
- Priceline Pharmacy, Yass (Moderna and AstraZeneca)
- Miller’s Pharmacy, Yass (Moderna and AstraZeneca)
As of Wednesday, 6 October, 69.12 per cent of the NSW population aged 16 and above is fully vaccinated, with 89.01 per cent having received their first dose. At current rates, NSW will reach the 80 per cent double-dose target between 20-25 October.