The Veolia Mulwaree Trust has announced the recipients of the 2019 Round 2 Grants and Donations Programmes.
Nineteen community groups from across the region with a wide range of projects by providing $306,693 in grant funding in its second funding round of 2019, as well as a further 34 local organisations who have shared in $33,661 through the Veolia Mulwaree Trust’s donation program for small projects up to $1,000 in the recent funding round.
The successful organisations to receive Veolia Mulwaree Trust donation are:
- Braidwood Clean Energy Inc – Support to undertake Braidwood Energy Survey – $1,000
- Majors Creek Music Festival – Purchase bins to improve recycling, garbage, organics and return and earn waste separation at annual event – $1,000
- Kiamma Creek Landcare – Support for celebration of Pat Cullen Reserve Waterside Walkway opening in Crookwell – $1,000
- Crookwell Rural Fire Brigade – Purchase a new computer to assist administration of brigade – $1,000
- Shoalhaven Community Mental Health Rehabilitation Service – Provide smoking cessation education and support program – $919
- Southern Highlands Christian Community Centre – Supply free weekly lunch for the homeless and socially isolated – $1,000
- Goulburn AP and H Society Purchase signage for display at Goulburn Show – Event signage $1,000
- Crookwell CWA Evening Branch – Purchase a computer to support branch administration – $1,000
- Burraga Bushfire Brigade – Provide GPS and map tracking equipment to brigade vehicles – $1,000
- Wingecarribee Food Services Co-operative Limited – Support meals on wheels volunteers with reimbursement of fuel costs – $1,000
- Culburra Rural Fire Brigade – Purchase thermal imaging camera for fire truck – $998
- Connect Christian Church – Provide sound and lighting to Moss Vale community Christmas carols – $1,000
- Crookwell Services Women’s Bowling Club – Purchase new bowling mats and jacks – $984
- Warragamba Wombats Junior Rugby League Football Club – Assist in refurbishing the club house – $1,000
- Goulburn Workers Small Bore Rifle Club Inc – Construct covered disabled access ramp and hand rail – $1,000
- Crookwell CWA Day Branch – Purchase new crockery – $1,000
- Oberon Men’s Shed – new oven and cooktop – $1,000
- Shoalhaven Pony Club Inc – covered area for shade – $1,000
- Crookwell Historical Society – digital projector and screen – $1,000
- Shoalhaven Heads Community Forum – planting of new trees – $1,000
Yerrinbool Village Group Inc – Install outdoor table and seating at Yerrinbool Railway Garden – $1,000
- Wingello Public School – Partnership with National Parks and Wildlife Service to develop bush tucker garden – $1,000
- Celebrate Goulburn Inc – Purchase street banners and posters – $1,000
- Southern Highlands Association of Women – Support #oneaday Cloth Nappy Project – $1,000
- Gunning Focus, Arts Council and Community Group Inc – sound equipment – $760
- The Disability Trust Goulburn – virtual reality system – $1,000
- Regional Development Australia Southern Inland – Support Young Change Agents program – $1,000
- All Saints Community Care Incorporated – new outdoor furniture – $1,000
- Goulburn and Districts Arts and Crafts Inc – materials to assist in creation of care quilts for trauma victims – $1,000
- Goulburn Community Health Service – Provide basic comfort items for children, young people and women escaping family violence – $1,000
- Shoalhaven Heads Public School P&C Association – Establish a sensory garden with new native trees and pathway – $1,000
- Tirranna Public School – Purchase two new shade cloths for playground – $1,000
- Penrose Public School – Purchase furniture to allow for flexible learning options in classroom – $1,000
- Gunning District Landcare – Caring for Endangered Southern Pygmy Perch program support – $1,000
The successful Veolia Mulwaree Trust organisations presented with grants were:
- St Bede’s Primary School Braidwood will undertake the refurbishment of the timber floor in its 102-year old school hall through a $19,930 grant.
- Bungendore Park Tennis Club Inc received $9,554 for the installation of ‘book-a-court’ system to improve facility accessibility.
- Tarago and District Progress Association Incorporated received $15,900 to purchase a new mower to maintain Tarago’s community spaces.
- Sanctuary Point Community Pride Inc will undertake the installation of an all-abilities nest swing at Clifton Park with a grant of $11,000.
- Southern Highlands Botanic Gardens Limited will develop a new picnic setting and shelter in the botanic gardens with $8,963 in funding.
- Jervis Bay Marine Rescue NSW received a grant of $25,000 toward the purchase of new purpose-built marine rescue vessel.
- Tarago and District Show Society Inc will develop a new catering and storage facility at the Tarago Showground with $30,883 in funding assistance.
- Ss Peter and Paul’s Primary School Goulburn received $14,164 to install much-needed heating in the school hall.
- Stonequarry 355 Cemetery Committee Taralga will complete its unmarked historical graves project at the Stonequarry Cemetery with the assistance of $17,755.
- Gunning and District Pony Club received $12,946 to install new fencing around dressage arena at Gunning Showground.
- Goulburn Motor Cycle Club will construct a new club house and canteen facility at the newly developed motocross park with funding assistance of $45,258.
- Boro/Mt Fairy RFS Brigade received a grant of $10,680 to provide new water storage to strengthen firefighting resources.
- Hill Top Community Centre will upgrade lighting within the sports stadium to energy efficient LEDs through its Lighting The Way project and received a $4,000 grant.
- Tully Park Early Bird Golf Club Inc Goulburn will replace the course entry pathway and adjacent fence at the course to improve safety with its $9,053 in funding.
- Waminda – South Coast Women’s Health & Welfare Aboriginal Corporation will receive $10,603 to purchase equipment to develop and maintain gardens and its ceremony space at Kareela Ngura.
- Tarago Sporting Association Inc will provide a defibrillator unit at Tarago Recreation Area and received a $2,410 grant.
- Goulburn Locomotive Roundhouse Preservation Society Inc will enclose its existing museum structure at Goulburn Rail Heritage Centre to display and preserve historical exhibits through its grant of $25,910.
- Thirlmere Public School will develop an all-weather synthetic turf sporting facility for students and the community and received $20,000 in funding.
- St Mary’s Catholic Parish Bungendore will receive a grant of $12,685 to upgrade its parish hall for community use.
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust is pleased to support these community organisations and wishes them all the best with the successful completion of their projects.
Applications for round 1 of the Veolia Mulwaree Trust’s 2020 grant and donation program will open on 20 January 2020 with applications closing on 14 February 2020. Organisations interested in applying to the Veolia Mulwaree Trust for support for their community projects can apply via the Mulwaree Trust website or phone the Trust office on 4822 2786 for further information.