The Eurobodalla is preparing for a celebration of business excellence with entries now open for the 2019 Eurobodalla Business Awards.
“Entering the Eurobodalla Business Awards is a fantastic opportunity to get your hard work recognised,” Mayor Liz Innes says.
Supported by the shire’s five chambers of commerce and Eurobodalla Shire Council, award categories include:
- Outstanding Young Employee
- Outstanding Young Entrepreneur
- Outstanding Business Leader
- Excellence in Social Enterprise
- Start Up Superstar
- Excellence in Innovation
- Excellence in Sustainability
- Excellence in Micro Business (1-5 Employees)
- Excellence in Small Business (6-20 Employees)
- Excellence in Business (More than Employees)
- Outstanding Employer of Choice
- Excellence in Export
There is also a People’s Choice Award, where members of the public can vote for their favourite business.
“Winners from each category will proceed to the Illawarra and Far South Coast Regional Business Awards, and businesses can potentially go on to represent the region at a state level, which is an incredible opportunity,” Cr Innes says.
“It also gives you the chance to showcase your business to the local community.”
Eurobodalla business owners can learn more about the process of entering the awards at upcoming information sessions:
- Moruya, Wednesday, June 12, 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm at Moruya Golf Club
- Tilba, Friday, June 14, 8:00 am – 9:30 am at Tilba Sweet Spot, Bate Street
- Mogo, Monday, June 17, 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm at Mogo Local Aboriginal Land Council, Sydney Street
- Batemans Bay, Tuesday, June 18, 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm at Batemans Bay Soldiers Club
- Narooma, Wednesday, June 19, 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm at Fisse Design (The Bunkr), Noorooma Cresent
The first half of the session will cover, how to use the online entry portal, how the program aligns with the NSW Business Awards, what to include in your submission, and tips for writing your submission. The second half will allow for time for you to make a start on your own application.
RSVP for these sessions is essential to Eurobodalla Shire Council’s Anna Waters on 4474 7487 or email [email protected]
Entries close Friday, June 28, for more informatio or to start your nomination go here.