New COVID-19 case numbers have remained low across southern NSW, with just two notified in the most recent reporting period.
Queanbeyan and Batemans Bay have recorded one case each. The Batemans Bay case is linked to another known case but the Queanbeyan one is under investigation.
This brings the total cases in Southern NSW Local Health District (SNSWLHD) to 391 since the start of the current outbreak in June.
SNSWLHD has been notified of two new venues of concern on the Far South Coast.
Anyone who visited one of these venues at the times listed is a casual contact and must immediately get tested and isolate until a negative result is received.
- Bega Coles in Carp Street, Thursday 7 October, 3 pm to 3:45 pm;
- Bega Caltex in Gipps St, Tuesday 5 October, 8:30 am to 9 am.
There have been two new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Murrumbidgee Local Health District to 8 pm yesterday.
One case is a resident of the Edward River LGA, is a household contact of a previously confirmed case and has been in isolation. The second case is a resident of the Albury LGA and remains under investigation.
NSW recorded 406 local cases and six deaths in the 24 hours to 8 pm on Wednesday, 13 October.
There was one international arrival with the virus, taking the overall total to 407.
There are 711 people in hospital, with 143 in intensive care.
Statewide 91.1 per cent of people over 16 have had a single dose of a COVID vaccine while 76.5 per cent are double-dosed.
With NSW slowly starting to reopen, customers will have more reasons to celebrate catching up with friends and family with two additional Dine & Discover vouchers now available.
Premier Dominic Perrottet said the expanded program would encourage economic activity as part of the government’s recovery strategy.
“From Byron to Bega and Bellingen to Broken Hill, this is about supporting people to get out and have a meal or spend the day discovering their city while supporting businesses across NSW,” Mr Perrottet said.
Treasurer Matt Kean said the additional $250 million investment by the NSW Government would help businesses recover from months of restrictions and encourage people to enjoy what they love most.
“We experienced the success of the Dine & Discover program when we reopened last time, which is why we are doubling down efforts with an additional two $25 vouchers – one for Dine and one for Discover venues,” Mr Kean said.
“We are backing our businesses and helping hip pockets by expanding the program, in addition to extending existing vouchers until the end of June 2022.”
Minister for Digital and Customer Service Victor Dominello said the vouchers would again be delivered via the ServiceNSW app.
“You’ll find them in your ServiceNSW app in time for summer or you can contact ServiceNSW and they can send them to you,” Mr Dominello said.
NSW residents aged 18 years and over who are yet to apply will be able to do so until the program ends and will receive all six $25 vouchers.
Participating businesses do not need to reapply. Those who want to join the program are encouraged to register, download the scanner app and get ready to redeem.