The NSW Rural Fire Service has confirmed that at least seven houses have been lost in the Snowy-Monaro region since Saturday, while firefighters managed to save 16 properties from the Clear Range blaze.
There were also 22 outbuildings and five facilities (which includes buildings such as schools, hotels, shops) that were burned down by the fire over the weekend, but damage assessments are still ongoing and these numbers could rise.
A further five houses and six buildings were damaged, although firefighters managed to save 16 houses, 42 outbuildings and six facilities from the fire.
Building Impact Assessments teams continue to work across southern NSW firegrounds. Since last Saturday a further 7 homes have been destroyed however 16 have been saved with assessments continuing.#nswrfs #nswfires pic.twitter.com/WQzCdDrH6I
— NSW RFS (@NSWRFS) February 3, 2020
The impact assessment has not yet been completed but an RFS spokesperson told Region Media that approximately 90 per cent of the region had been covered as of midday Monday.
However, there have been reports of houses lost in Bredbo in NSW, just south of the ACT border.
There are currently no official numbers for the Bega Valley with assessments there to commence soon, the spokesperson said.
More information will follow as it is made available.
Original Article published by Dominic Giannini on The RiotACT.