Business membership is $90 a month or $900 for the year, plus GST. Selecting ‘annual membership’ saves a business $180 a year.
Business members receive:
- Logo recognition in the top slider on the About Regional website as well as mentions and credits on other About Regional platforms and content
- One written article a year highlighting the story of your business/product published to About Regional platforms and available for your own website/social media
- An opportunity to host the About Regional newsroom and pop-up studio at your business for the day
- A FREE double pass to the TEDx Style – ‘About Regional Festival of Open Minds’
- Member’s window sticker for your business
- Participation in online forums and surveys
- Entry into regular competitions featuring quality local prizes
- A members-only email newsletter
Business members also receive discounted pricing on other About Regional services including media relations/liaison, staff media training, communication/media policy and planning, facilitation and event emceeing, content creation, seasonal advertising, and promotional opportunities on About Regional platforms.
But primarily, all business members become part of the wider About Regional community, with a real role to play in empowering and encouraging that community and local conversation.
How is your money invested?
It goes three ways:
- Your membership recognises the energy, insight, and smarts I invest in the generation and publication of local stories and supports the growth of a new, innovative local news, media, and communication service.
- Your membership invests in other local creatives, people who want to make and share content through About Regional. Members (you!) will help identify an issue that needs attention, and I will use the funds collected to commission original local content that explores the questions raised in a dynamic way.
- Your membership will also help build the TEDx style – ‘About Regional Festival of Open Minds’. Members (you again!) will help identify big thinkers and challenging speakers; the funds collected will be used to bring those people to the region for a series of events that inspire conversation and new ideas.
Being something new, there will be some fine-tuning along the way, your input and ideas will be an important part of that.